We do apologise, Dear Readers, for the long silence and thank those of you who wrote with concern. There are times when, to accomplish something, one must bury the phone in the garden, draw the curtains closed, lock the door and focus on the project at hand. So we did and are pleased to announce the publication of a new FGB Booklet "French Notaires and Notarial Records". It contains over twenty posts from this blog, plus an eleven page glossary of standard terms used in notarial records, which we compiled specifically for this booklet. We give here the Table of Contents:
- What Is A Notaire?
- Notarial Records - Les actes notariés
- Array of Notarial Records
- Old French in Old Documents
- Two Marriage Contracts
- Defiance - the Acte de Respect
- A Guardianship Document Examined
- Paris Guardianship Cases
- Two Wills
- Estate Inventories
- Did Your Ancestor Take Another's Place in the Army?
- Finding Notarial Records
- Registers of the Bureaux des Hypothèques
- How To Find a Modern Will
- Marriage Contract Tables
- Follow the Trail to the End
- Overseas Notarial Records
- Glossary of Notarial Terms
"French Notaires and Notarial Records" has been added to the booklets list in the right-hand column on this page and may be purchased via Lulu.com (click on the cover for the link) or via Amazon.
©2017 Anne Morddel