- Quelques repères avant de commencer - which explains the basics of church structure and employment and gives key dates in French ecclesiastical history
- Où faire les recherches? - which discusses the various locations of the different archival collections. While Bernard encouraged one to write to the Vatican, Duquesnoy stays in France.
- Quels documents rechercher? - which lists and explains the key ecclesiastical documentation to seek.
- Les actes notariés - which lists and explains the supplementary documentation created to ensure legality in many cases.
- Les archives communales - which explains how these archives contain documents such as residence certificates, sermons, passports, etc. of members of the clergy and religious orders.
- Les sources imprimés - which discusses printed material, such as diocesan directories, newsletters, magazines, etc., and where to seek them.
- Annexes - which give a lexicon of French ecclesiastic terms and an explanation of clerical clothing.
©2013 Anne Morddel