- Between people too closely related, e.g. consanguinity
- Between godparents and their godchildren
- For a priest
- For someone descended from a couple who had had a dispensation to marry
- The Departmental Archives, Archives départementales, which hold the records of the relevant diocese, usually in Series G
- The National Archives, Archives nationales, hold those made in Paris, in Series Z1o [not covered by M. Vigan are the modern dispensations: from 1789 to 1860, which are in Series BB15, those post 1860, in Series BB11, and a brief period 1801 to 1808, of dispensations for priests to marry, which are in Series AF IV]
It was an excellent talk, very well attended. Mr. Vigan received a deserved ovation when he finished. This brings to a conclusion our discussion of the 22nd Congress. The 23rd Congress is scheduled for the 2nd to the 4th of October, 2015, at Poitiers, with the theme being "Poitou et Nouvelle France".
©2013 Anne Morddel