We have written previously about the website of the Archives nationales d'outre-mer and how to use it to search the records of Algeria. Now, records for a number of other ex-colonies have been added. No, not Louisiana or Pondicherry; bit champing must continue in that regard. What have been added are the parish and civil registrations (registres paroissiaux and états civils) for the idyllic locales of:
- Ile Royale - (now Cap-Breton) - parish registrations for the years from 1722 to 1758, for the commune of Louisbourg and its hospital.
- Saint-Domingue - (Haiti) parish and civil registrations for more than forty communes from 1666 to 1809.
- Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon - two tiny islands with three communes' worth of parish and civil registrations from 1763 to 1883.
- Sainte-Lucie (St. Lucia) - parish registrations of thirteen communes from 1751 to 1789
- Guyane (French Guiana) - Parish and civil registrations from 1677 to 1900 for over forty communes, five hospitals and a prison.
©2010 Anne Morddel